From dissonant drones to massive swells, “Sentient Frequencies” lets you experience the richness of performed instruments with sound fx in mind.
Roaring didgeridoos, whaling timpani's - we performed in stunning spaces using extended techniques on a huge variety of selected instruments:
Space Cello, Grand Piano, Concert Harp, Huge Pipe Organ, Concert Timpani's and Base-drums, Overtone Flute and a Double Bass.
We performed, played, hit and rubbed these instruments with a carefully chosen collection of mallets, diverse superballs, bows, and custom devices.
Like with its predecessor “Esoteric Metal”, the spaces we capture our recordings in are always crucial to us, and therefore we took a lot of effort to come up with 4 different and spectacular sounding spaces to offer you a maximum sonic diversity and richness in sound.
1. The recordings took place in an orchestral rehearsal room, which has a nice and clear but also wooden warm reverb.
2. Second, we went to a Small Chapel, which had a very long and very dense reverb. Absolutely mind blowing.
3. Third, we were in a special studio room which has an acoustic that is tailored to suite the installed pipe organ.
4. Last but not least, we went to one of the best studios in the benelux country, to get a classic studio recording room sound.
We recorded with 3 different mic setups and positions:
- In 7.0 Surround. 7 x Sennheiser MKH 8020. This setup was positioned quite distant to the sound source and will be a joy to use in wide cinema context.
- LCR with 3(!) Sanken CO-100k, to get you the most high frequency action. They were positioned at medium distance to the sound source.
- 1 Schoeps MS (with XT body to extend the frequency range) positioned close to the sound source. The Harp was recorded with a Trance Audio Inducer Piezo mic.
We also include carefully crafted mix-downs for your convenience: 5.0 surround Mix-downs and Stereo Mix-downs of everything.
Last but not least we want to thank Guido Falke, the creator of the Hurdy Gurdy who also performed it and played the Overtone Flute. Thanks a lot! Make sure to visit his website: https://www.radgeige.de/english/ (By the way, the Hurdy Gurdy used in this sound pack is not on the website. You have to ask him directly if you want one:-))
Also we would like to thank Klaus Von Stosch, for helping out in the Chapel and Mélia Roger, who helped in the post process of this library, and who recorded and performed in the studio sessions, Thank You!
$149,00 excl.Vat UNTIL 18.12.2020!
$199,00 US excl.Vat
$109,00 excl.Vat UNTIL 18.12.2020!
$159,00 US excl.Vat
Important: Before you buy you should know that the sounds sold through this website are meant for single user license only. If you want to use our sounds on more than one workstation you need a multi user license please contact us.